Mazda will premiere the Mazda HAZUMI next-generation subcompact car concept at the Geneva Motor Show 2014. The name HAZUMI is a Japanese word meaning to ‘bound or spring up.’ Chosen to convey the image of an untamed animal leaping, it is particularly fitting for a small car designed to look as if it is literally bursting with energy.
Refusing to compromise on any of Mazda’s vehicle engineering principles, the Mazda HAZUMI expresses the ideal form of the company’s next-generation subcompact car.
Also at the Geneva Motor Show, Mazda will debut the SKYACTIV-D 1.5, a newly developed small displacement clean diesel engine, and display a commemorative exhibit celebrating 25 years since the launch of the Mazda MX-5 (known as Mazda Roadster in Japan).
– Mazda HAZUMI [World Premiere]
– Mazda MX-5 (Previous models)*2
|Vehicle currently on sale||
– Mazda3, Mazda6, Mazda CX-5, Mazda5, Mazda2, Mazda MX-5 (current model)
– SKYACTIV-D 1.5 clean diesel engine [World Premiere]
– SKYACTIV-G 2.0 gasoline engine
– SKYACTIV-D 2.2 clean diesel engine