MyFord Mobile App Hint on Ford Hybrid's Efficiency, 60% Drive Time in Electric-Only Mode

With the help of its MyFord Mobile app, Ford is able to gather data on its plug-in vehicles and one of these findings is that these cars (Fusion Energi and C-Max Energi) have driven 60% of their miles in electric-only mode.The app also found out that over the 30 days of owning these hybrids, “The daily percent driven in electric mode continues to inch upward, suggesting drivers are using the information provided by MyFord Mobile to change how they drive and really get the most out of their vehicles,” according to MyFord Mobile product manager Joe Rork.

According to Ford, ealy this year, only 4% of drive time has been spent in electric mode, significantly rising to 60% as of July 16. Also, the remaining 40% spent driving is noted to have been fuel efficient, and are certified AT-PZEV, better than most regular vehicles on the road.

+ Links: Ford.com

Tags: , , ,

MotorStats

Ford Ford Motor Company (also known as simply Ford) is an American multinational automaker headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit. It was founded by Henry Ford and incorporated on June 16, 1903. The company sells automobiles and commercial vehicles under the Ford brand and luxury cars under the Lincoln brand. In the past it has also produced heavy trucks, tractors and automotive components. Read more

MotorStats powered by MotorBlog

Read more on MotorBlog about: , , ,

Leave a Reply